Winners of 2012 Columbia Choice Awards Announced For Landscaping and Beautification | Arts & Culture
Columbia Green and Columbia Tree & Appearance Commission have announced the winners of the 2012 Columbia Choice Awards.
The awards recognize the prolific and creative landscape design of businesses, neighborhoods and public groups that enhance the quality of life in the City of Columbia.
Columbia Choice Awards were awarded in the following categories:
- USC Farmer’s Market Site Redevelopment
- Renovation/Reuse - Recognizes excellence in restoration, renovation or adaptive reuse of an existing property. Selection criteria include creativity of use of existing site; adaptation to current building codes and standards; quality of landscape design; and innovative treatment of signage, utilities and infrastructure.
- Columbia International University
- Site Beautification Management - Recognizes property that has, over time and in all seasons, demonstrated a commitment to excellence in maintenance, landscape design, consistency of visual appeal and enhancement of our surroundings.
- Heathwood Hall Xeric Garden
- Education - Recognizes any individual, school or organization which promotes attention to our urban environment, its beautification, maintenance and preservation. Selection criteria include overall visual enhancement, educational value, and/or heightened awareness of the environment.
- St. Peter’s Catholic Church
- Neighborhood/Community - Recognizes a civic, community or neighborhood organization whose effort has significantly added to the quality of life and beautification of a portion of Columbia. Selection criteria include overall visual effect, community participation, and perceived quality of life enhancement.
- Patricia DeCoursey
- Special Achievement Award - Recognizes a government agency, community interest group, civic organization, business or individual who has made a significant contribution to the appearance of our community and to the overall quality of life in the city of Columbia.
For more information please contact Forestry & Beautification 545-3860 or visit www.columbiagreen.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations