USC students make wedding dreams come true | Community Spirit
Students in a University of South Carolina wedding planning class have the power to make dreams comes true for engaged couples.
They are throwing a free wedding for the couple who presents the most compelling love story and be willing to turn all wedding planning over to the HRTM 362 class.
The wedding date is set for April 21.
The students will plan all aspects of the wedding — select the dress, bridal party attire, cake, reception and honeymoon.
Along with giving up total control, the couple must have some affiliation to the university, either as a student, related to a faculty or staff member or be an alumnus.
To enter the contest, couples must email a 500-word essay or send a three-minute video to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why they should receive a free wedding.
The application deadline is Feb. 10. The winning couple will be announced Feb. 13. There will be three runners-up.
Visit the students’ wedding page at facebook.com/USCLoveStory to stay updated.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations