Gamecock flag flies in Afghanistan | Community Spirit
Members of the 742nd Support Maintenance Company, South Carolina Army National Guard celebrate the Gamecocks' back-to-back National Championship in Afghanistan by flying the Gamecock flag.
In February, the 742nd, which maintains vehicles, small arms and electronics equipment, left Columbia for Fort Hood. In March, the unit deployed to bases in southern Afghanistan.
About 600 SC Guardsmen – both Army and Air Force – presently are serving in Afghanistan and Iraq.
We thanks John Harsey, Jr. for sharing his photo with us! If you have a photo or video you'd like to share with WIS, click here to send it to 10!
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations