Washington Post political correspondent at USC | Events
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - The political correspondent from The Washington Post is scheduled to deliver the Buchheit Lecture at the University of South Carolina.
Dan Balz is slated to deliver his address Wednesday at 7 p.m. in Gambrell Hall. He is discussing the nation's political climate in the wake of the 2012 election, the election's meaning for both parties and political gridlock. The address is free and open to the public.
Balz has worked for The Washington Post since 1978. He has been its national editor, political editor and White House correspondent.
The Buchheit Family Lecture Series honors the late Phil Buchheit, president and chairman of Mid-South Management Company and publisher of the Spartanburg Herald-Journal. It is sponsored by the Buchheit Family Endowment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations