Teams Wanted for State Championship BBQ Cook Off | Events
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to win the Commissioners Cup State Championship BBQ Cook Off? If you’re a backyard barbecue warrior, or a professional that hits the barbecue circuit, then now is the time to sign up for the South Carolina Department of Agriculture’s Smokin’ at the Market Commissioners Cup BBQ Cook Off. The competition is March 22-23 at the State Farmers Market, 3483 Charleston Hwy., West Columbia.
The cook off is sanctioned by the Southern BBQ Network. The categories for the Commissioners Cup include: Anything Butt, Butts, Pork Ribs, Grand Champion, and Reserve Champion. South Carolina Commissioner of Agriculture Hugh Weathers will present the awards on Saturday afternoon of the event.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest