USC drops in poll in bye week, Clemson stays same | News
A week off for the South Carolina Gamecocks means they fall one spot in the Associated Press Top 25 College Football Poll.
The 7-2 Gamecocks dropped from 11th to 12th. Despite a 56-20 win over Duke Saturday, Clemson stayed in the 10th spot.
Five undefeated teams hold the top positions in the poll: Alabama, Oregon, Kansas St., Notre Dame and Ohio St. The Buckeyes share the fifth spot with Georgia as both teams earned the same amount of votes.
Rounding out the top ten: Florida is 7th, followed by Florida St., LSU and Clemson.
South Carolina is ranked 11th in the USA Today Poll. Clemson is 8th.
The Gamecocks host SEC opponent Arkansas Saturday at Williams-Brice Stadium. Clemson hosts Maryland in an ACC match up.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations