No plans for further surgery to Lattimore's injured knee | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- University of South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore may not have to have another knee surgery after doctors surgically repaired several torn ligaments in his right knee on Friday.
Team doctors speculated Lattimore may have to have multiple surgeries in order to correct injuries to the knee he injured during the game against the Tennessee Volunteers.
Lattimore was sent to Birmingham, Alabama for the surgery, but returned to Columbia over the weekend and was released from care on Monday.
Gamecocks head coach Steve Spurrier said Sunday Lattimore is resting comfortably.
Lattimore will be honored Saturday during the Arkansas game for breaking the school record of 38 rushing touchdown.
It is not known if he will attend the ceremony because team doctors have advised against it.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest