Gamecocks stay in same spot in both polls, Clemson drops | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- The University of South Carolina football team stayed steady in both national polls released Sunday. The Gamecocks (8-2, 6-2 SEC) remain 12th in the Associated Press poll and 11th in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches poll.
The Gamecocks beat Arkansas 38-20 Saturday, snapping a three-game losing streak to the Razorbacks.
Despite beating Maryland 45-10 Saturday, Clemson (9-1, 6-1 ACC) dropped from 10th to 11th in the AP Poll and fell from 8th to 9th in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches poll.
Alabama's loss to Texas A&M dropped the Crimson Tide in the top spot to 4th.
Undefeated Oregon is the new number one team in both polls, followed by two undefeated teams, Kansas State and Notre Dame. Four of the next five slots in both polls are taken by SEC teams, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and LSU.
South Carolina hosts Wofford Saturday at Williams-Brice Stadium at 1 p.m. It will be televised on pay-per-view.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations