Former Gamecock Burnett Secures Ladies European Tour Card | News
Former South Carolina All-American Katie Burnett earned her Ladies European Tour card on Monday after shooting a 3-under 69 in the final round of qualifying school on the Al Maaden course in Marrakech, Morocco.
Burnett secured her card by finishing tied for ninth with rounds of 71-65-72-72-69=349 (-11), as the top 30 and ties earned category 8a status for the 2013 Ladies European Tour. Burnett was one of 66 golfers to advance to Monday’s final round.
A native of Brunswick, Ga., Burnett recently earned partial LPGA Tour membership after finishing tied for 24th in the final stage of LPGA Qualifying School. She wrapped up her Gamecock career last May as one of the best to ever wear the Garnet and Black. She earned second team All-America honors from both Golfweek and the National Golf Coaches Association after recording a fifth-place finish at the NCAA Championship, which is the best finish ever by a Gamecock at the event. She left South Carolina as the program's career leader in scoring with an average of 74.18
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest