Outback Bowl welcomes teams with steak dinner | News
In one of the Outback Bowl’s signature traditions, bowl officials extended a special welcome to the Michigan Wolverines and the South Carolina Gamecocks tonight during the first official bowl event of the week at the Outback Steakhouse Team Welcome Dinner. Teams were treated to a feast from Outback Steakhouse while bowl representatives welcomed the players and presented gifts to the Head Coaches, Athletic Directors and their wives.
And a feast it was as the teams devoured more than 4,700 lbs of food including: 750 lbs of sirloin steak, 750 lbs of chicken, and 900 lbs of ribs, all cooked over a wood fire grill. Also 700 lbs of house salad, 400 lbs of bacon topped lobster mac & cheese, 1,600 coconut shrimp, 160 bloomin’ onions, 1,200 lbs of cheese cake, 80 gallons of barbecue sauce and 90 cases of soda and water.
Outback Steakhouse is the longest title sponsor of any college bowl game celebrating its 18th year in that role.
The Outback Bowl will kick-off at 1:00 PM on New Year’s Day in Raymond James Stadium.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations