Outback Bowl fans have fun on Clearwater Beach | News
CLEARWATER BEACH, FL (WIS) - On a chilly day on Clearwater Beach, the South Carolina band set the stage for an epic showdown in the sand: Michigan muscle versus southern strength.
The Gamecocks take on Michigan in the Outback Bowl Tuesday. Sunday Gamecock Nation hit the beach for a big pep rally.
While the Michigan ladies were clearly used to the brisk temperatures, the Gamecock women pulled out a victory.
But Michigan's men responded with two hard fought matches to take the tug of war challenges.
Fans from both teams also competed in a pie eating contest.
Renowned Gamecock eater Ashton Holmes smoked the mouth from Michigan to take home the trophy.
It's good, clean bowl game fun fans say you can't get anywhere else.
South Carolina takes on Michigan in the Outback Bowl on New Year's Day.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations