Clowney named National Player of the Year | News
University of South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney is voted the best college football player in the nation by college football fans.
It was announced during the National Championship game Monday night between Notre Dame and Alabama that Clowney was named the AT&T National Player of the Year.
Clowney was chosen from four finalists, including Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, Southern California receiver Marqise Lee and Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o.
Clowney finished the season ranked third in the nation in sacks with 13 sacks.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations