USC business school building topping out with beam | News
COLUMBIA, SC (AP) - Students, faculty and staff at the University of South Carolina Darla Moore Business School are celebrating the completion of the internal structure of their new school.
University spokeswoman Peggy Binette says Monday's ceremony includes the placement of a 20-foot steel beam at the top of the new building. This marks the start of the enclosure phase for the $106 million building next to the Carolina Coliseum.
The new building is more than 250,000 square feet and will contain 35 classrooms, 40 meeting rooms and 136 faculty offices. It will also have a café, an electronic trading room, and areas for individual and group study.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations