Gamecocks win first game of doubleheader at Carolina Stadium | News
Fifth ranked South Carolina stormed back from seven runs
down in the final two innings to rally for an 8-7 win over Liberty in the first
game of a doubleheader at Carolina Stadium.
Kyle Martin knocked a RBI single off Liberty pitcher Josh
Richardson and after an errant throw by catcher Trey Wimmer, the Gamecocks scored the winning run as Graham Saiko crossed home plate.
South Carolina left-hander Adam Westmoreland earned the
win after 2.1 innings of relief. He
allowed two runs, both unearned, on two hits.
He struck out two batters.
Richardson suffered the loss after 0.2 innings of relief for Liberty. He allowed one run, unearned, on one hit with
two walks and a strikeout.
South Carolina starter Colby Holmes allowed
two runs on three hits in 6.1 innings of work.
Liberty starting pitcher Brooks Roy did not allow a run
and limited the Gamecocks to one hit and three walks through five innings.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- A.C. Flora team headed to Washington for national JROTC competition
- Police: Unknown man chased group of kids near elementary school
- Police seek witnesses, vehicle after mysterious hit-and-run
- Forest Acres voters select two city council members
- Crime victim uses app to track stolen phone, leads to arrest