Gamecocks Hosting Equi-Fest Kids Day | News
The South Carolina equestrian team is set to host its annual Equi-Fest Kids Day on Saturday at One Wood Farm in Blythewood during the Gamecocks' meet against Texas A&M. Saturday's meet is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. All equestrian events are free to the public, and all of the events, games, and activities for the Equi-Fest Kids Day are also free.
"We're really looking forward to our Kids Day on Saturday, as it's always a great opportunity for our team to interact with the community," South Carolina head coach Boo Major said. "We have a great lineup of activities on Saturday for children of all ages, so we encourage everybody to come out and have a good time with us."
Here is a list of what is planned for Saturday:
• Decorate a Cowboy Hat (we give you the cowboy hat - you customize it with stickers, gems, and glitter) • Make Your Own Stick Horse • Decorate a Horseshoe (we give you the horseshoe - you customize it with gems, glitter, and ribbon) • Poster Making Station • Face Tattoos (Gamecock tattoos that are easy to put on and remove) • Bouncehouse (inflatable jumping house for children) • Cocky will be in attendance for photos and to meet-and-greet fans • Pony rides with Gamecock horses
Fans should also be aware of the following:
• There will be parking available in the upper parking lot, and fans are asked to follow the instructions of our on-site security personnel for parking.
• For the safety of the riders, please do not bring colorful umbrellas. They will likely spook the horses and therefore pose a safety risk to the riders.
Saturday's meet between the fifth-ranked Gamecocks and sixth-ranked Aggies will begin at 1 p.m., rain or shine. For updates on Saturday's meet or any announcements related to the weather, please visit our Gamecock Equestrian Facebook page.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations