Women’s Track Breaks into USTFCCCA Top 25 Ranked 25th in USTFCCCA Week 4 poll | News
The South Carolina women’s track and field team broke into the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Division I National Team Computer Rankings at the 25th spot. It is the first time since the 2010 that the Gamecocks have been ranked in the USTFCCCA outdoor top 25.
The National Team Computer Rankings are a projection of how teams could fare at the NCAA Outdoor Championships. This week is the first ranking of the season that excludes marks from the 2012 outdoor season.
The Gamecocks, one of seven SEC teams on the list, travel to Philadelphia, Pa., for the 119th Penn Relays this weekend. Competition is scheduled to begin on Thursday. After taking a weekend off, South Carolina heads to Columbia, Mo., for the 2013 SEC Outdoor Championships May 9-12.
The NCAA East Preliminary Round is set for May 23-25 in Greensboro, N.C. and the 2013 NCAA Outdoor Championships are slated for June 5-8 in Eugene, Ore.
2013 Week #4
1. Texas A&M
15. Texas Tech
16. Florida State
20. Iowa State
21. San Diego State
23. Southern California
25. South Carolina
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations