Gamecocks Set for 119th Penn Relays | News
The South Carolina Track and field team travels north to Philadelphia for the 119th running of the Penn Relays. All of the action for the oldest of the relay meets takes place at Franklin Field Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Over the three-day event, nearly 430 races are scheduled. Teams from 35 states are entered and more than 10 nations will be sending collegiate and high school teams to the event.
Six SEC schools join the Gamecocks at Franklin Field – Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Texas A&M. The women’s team enters the weekend as one of seven SEC schools ranked in the USTFCCCA top 25. No. 25 South Carolina broke into the rankings for the first time since 2010.
This weekend’s competition is the final regular season contest of the year for South Carolina. After taking next weekend off, the Gamecocks hit the road to Columbia, Mo., for the 2013 SEC Outdoor Championships on May 9-12.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations