Gamecocks lose game 2 to Vanderbilt | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- The South Carolina baseball team lost to Vanderbilt 5-2 Saturday at Carolina Stadium.
It was the second game of a three-game series in Columbia. South Carolina falls to 33-14 overall and 13-10 in the SEC. Vanderbilt improves to 41-6 and 21-2 in the conference.
The final game of the series Sunday has been moved to a Noon start time because of the weather forecast in Columbia.
Vanderbilt starter Tyler Beede took a no-hitter into the 7th inning to earn the win. Beede is 12-0 on the year.
South Caroling starter Jordan Montgomery suffered his first loss of the season and is 3-1. He allowed four runs, three earned, on six hits in 2.2 innings with a walk.
Vanderbilt tallied 14 runs, all singles.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations