'Stand Up, Stand Out' initiative hopes to curb drunk driving | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- Area law enforcement joined forces to make communities and roadways safer across Richland County.
At participating restaurants, patrons can present a yellow keychain provided by the Richland County Sheriff's Department, and they will be eligible for a free non-alcoholic drink when they are in a party of at least two people.
Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said that the partnership is designed to bring a visible reminder to everyone that law enforcement and the corporate community are working together to find innovative ways to improve the quality of life in the Midlands.
Participants can receive the non-alcoholic beverages free of charge Monday- Friday evenings and all day during the weekends.
The participating locations, to date are:
- Thirsty Fellow
- Bird Dog
- Moe's Grapevine
- Social Columbia
- Gervais and Vine
- Il Giorgione Pizzeria & Wine Bar
- Group Therapy
- Breakers Bar and Grill
- Delaney's Music Pub and Eatery
- The Saloon
- Wet Willies
- Yesterdays Restaurant and Tavern
- Blue Marlin
- Garibaldi Café
- Fatz Cafés in Richland County
- Clarion Hotel on Gervais Street
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations