USC redshirt freshman earns SEC Lineman of the Week honors | Sports & Recreation
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - University of South Carolina offensive center Clayton Stadnik was selected as the Southeastern Conference Offensive Lineman of the Week.
Stadnik, a 6-3, 281-pound redshirt freshman from Greensboro, NC, made his second straight start Saturday in the Gamecocks' 35-25 win over Vanderbilt. Playing for the injured Cody Waldrop, Stadnik graded out at 82 percent, playing all 87 snaps at center.
The Gamecock offensive line did not give up a quarterback sack or quarterback hurry while rolling up 31 first downs and 579 yards of offense, both the second-highest marks in the Steve Spurrier Era.
The No. 12/13 Gamecocks (2-1, 1-1 SEC) are off this week. They return to action Saturday, September 28, when they travel to Orlando to face the University of Central Florida Knights. Kickoff is at noon.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations