Clowney named semifinalist for Rotary Lombardi Award | Sports & Recreation
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - University of South Carolina junior defensive end Jadeveon Clowney has been named a semifinalist for the Rotary Lombardi Award. He is one of 12 players on the list.
Clowney, a 6-6, 274-pounder from Rock Hill, S.C., was a finalist for the award last season. He is among eight defensive and four offensive players announced as 2103 semifinalists today at the Rotary Club of Houston.
Clemson junior defensive end Vic Beasley also is a semifinalist. The 44th Lombardi Award will be presented December 11 in Houston, Texas.
Lombardi Award semifinalists:
Anthony Barr Sr LB UCLA
Vic Beasley Jr DE Clemson
Jadeveon Clowney Jr DE South Carolina
Aaron Donald Sr DE Pittsburgh
Taylor Lewan Sr T Michigan
Jake Matthews Sr T Texas A&M
CJ Mosley Sr LB Alabama
Trent Murphy Sr LB Stanford
Cyril Richardson Sr G Baylor
Michael Sam Sr DE Missouri
Kyle Van Noy Sr LB BYU
David Yankey Jr T Stanford
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations